Video System Tips > Combining Audio / Video Sources
How do we combine several different types of video sources into our projector and monitors?
Sometimes we need to combine several different types of video input sources into one output source. For example, we might have Composite video from a VCR, Component Video from a DVD player, XGA from one computer and DVI from a second computer. We might also have S-Video from Satellite receiver. All of these sources need to feed into a video projector and possibly video monitors.
The way to accomplish this is by using a Switcher / Scaler such as the VP-728. It will switch both the video and audio at the same time.
.The Kramer VP-728 is a 9-input scaler/switcher for analog and digital video, unbalanced stereo, and S/PDIF audio signals. It scales any video signal composite, s-Video (Y/C), component video (YUV), HDMI, computer graphics video and JPEG files) up or down to a selectable graphics or HDTV output resolution via HDMI or 15-pin HD outputs. It provides glitch-free switching between sources through FTB™ (fade-thru-black) switching technology.
- HQV® Video Processing - HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) processing represents the state-of-the-art in video processing technology, with the highest quality de-interlacing (with 3:2 & 2:2 pull down), noise reduction, and scaling performance for both standard-definition and high-definition signals.
- Fade-Thru-Black (FTB™) Switching. - The video fades to black and then the new input fades from black for smooth, glitch-free switching. The output signal provides constant sync so the display never glitches.
- K-IIT XL™ Picture-in-Picture Image Insertion Technology - Ultra stable picture-in-picture, picture-and-picture, and split screen capability. Any video source can be inserted into or positioned next to a computer graphics video source or vice versa with window positioning and sizing controls.
- Projector Anywhere™ Technology - Horizontal & vertical geometry controls to compensate for off-axis projector placement.
- HDTV Compatible.
- HDCP Compliant - The HDCP (High Definition Content Protection) license agreement allows copy-protected data on the HDMI input to pass only to the HDMI output.
- Video Inputs - 4 universal video (composite, s-Video, component) each on 3 RCAs, 2 computer graphics video (15-pin HD), 2 HDMI and 1 USB (for JPEG data).
- Multi-Standard - Auto, NTSC (3.58/4.43), PAL (M/N/60) & SECAM.
- HDTV Compatible Component Input.
- Scaled Video Outputs - HDMI & 15-pin HD.
- HDTV Output Resolutions - 720p, 1080i, and 1080p.
- Computer Graphics Output Resolutions - 23 plus a user definable custom output resolution with selectable refresh rates.
- Multiple Aspect Ratio Selections. - 4x3 or 16x9, anamorphic, letter box, and user definable settings.
- Companion AFV (Audio-Follow-Video) for Every Analog Video Input - Supports embedded audio on the 2 HDMI inputs and outputs.
- Audio Inputs - 4 (stereo audio or S/PDIF on 2 RCAs) for each of the 4 universal video inputs, 2 stereo audio (on 3.5mm mini jack connectors) for the 2 computer graphics video inputs. Each with level adjustment.
- Audio Outputs - S/PDIF and stereo audio (RCAs). Transcodes stereo or S/PDIF audio to both stereo and S/PDIF audio and embeds audio onto the HDMI output. Master volume control.
- Audio Delay - Adjustable from 0 to 340msec.
- Built-in Time Base Corrector - Stabilizes unstable video sources.
- Built-in ProcAmp - Color, hue, sharpness, contrast, and brightness are set individually for each input.
- Text Overlay.
- Front Panel Lockout.
- Front Panel Freeze Frame.
- Video Blanking - Blue or black screen selectable.
- Zoom - 100% to 400%.
- Flexible Control Options - Front panel, IR remote (with on-screen menus) & RS-232.
- Worldwide Power Supply - 100-240V AC.
- Standard 19” Rack Mount Size - 1U. Rack "ears" included.